Celebrity chef's mission to improve food in Australian aged care facilities
09 Mar 2017
Celebrity chef and former Senior Australian of the Year Maggie Beer is on a crusade to improve the quality of food in aged care facilities.
Ms Beer said she was first inspired to work with aged care providers after being named Senior Australian of the Year in 2010.
Ms Beer's top tips for aged care homes were:
- Always use fresh vegetables in season (no frozen vegetables)
- Get rid of boosters from the pantry and make your own stock
- Always use butter (not margarine)
- Throw out anything low-fat or diet
- Don't use preservatives and processed foods (make everything from scratch)
- Plant a herb garden.
Find out more via ABC News.